January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month and January 11 is Human Trafficking Awareness Day
The U.S. Catholic Sisters Against Human Trafficking invite you to WEAR BLUE on January 11. Blue is the international symbol of human trafficking awareness. Post a photo of yourself and/or your group wearing blue and share it on social media to help raise awareness. Be sure to tag USCSAHT in your #wearblueday photos: Facebook (@SistersAgainstTrafficking), Twitter (@uscsahtraffic), and Instagram (@uscsaht).
Here are a few sample messages you can include with your post on social media:
- Today, I’m participating in @DHSBlueCampaign’s #WearBlueDay to bring awareness to #humantrafficking. Learn how you can get involved.
- I wear blue because [insert why you are wearing blue]. #WearBlueDay #endhumantrafficking
- Why am I wearing blue? To help #endhumantrafficking. #WearBlueDay Learn how you can get involved.
- I joined @DHSBlueCampaign in wearing blue today to raise awareness of #humantrafficking.
- Learn how you can get involved.
Take some time to learn more about human trafficking awareness day and pray to #EndHumanTrafficking. Here are some resources – share them with friends and family as well!
- USCSAHT educational module: Root Causes of Human Trafficking in English and Spanish
- Video: “Because we don’t know where to look” Click here
- Myths and Facts
Wear Blue on January 11th and be a voice for those whose voices have been silenced!