Call or Email the White House
Call the White House Comment Line at 202-456-1111.
Hours of operation are 11 am to 3 pm ET, Tuesday – Thursday.
Email the White House at https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
Ask President Biden to call for a humanitarian ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas conflict Since the horrific attack on civilians in Israel by Hamas on October 7 and the retaliatory bombings
of Gaza by Israel, thousands of lives have been lost, and the numbers of deaths and wounded are mounting. We grieve the unspeakable loss of life on all sides, and grow more concerned each day
for the people taken captive by Hamas, the people in Gaza in desperate need of humanitarian aid, and the escalating violence. After the devastating bombing of the Al-Ahli hospital in Gaza City that killed hundreds of civilians on October 17, Pope Francis described the situation in Gaza as “desperate” and urged all Catholics to take “only one side” in the Israel-Hamas conflict, the side “of peace.”
“War does not solve any problem, it only sows death and destruction, increases hatred, multiplies revenge. War erases the future,” the Holy Father said.
Join us in asking President Joe Biden to do all he can to de-escalate the conflict and call for a humanitarian ceasefire to allow for more corridors of humanitarian aid to reach the people in
Gaza in urgent need of food, water, shelter, medical care and electricity.
Suggested talking points:
● As a Catholic, I am deeply concerned about the escalating violence and suffering in Israel and Gaza.
● I want to thank President Biden for everything he has done so far to work for the release of the hostages held by Hamas. I ask him to keep them and the innocent civilians in Gaza who are also
in need of protection, at the center of his efforts.
● I also want to thank the President for his words in Israel, calling for restraint. I ask that he continue to prioritize words and actions that de-escalate the conflict. The humanitarian situation
in Gaza has become catastrophic. It is unsustainable, and is counter to the Catholic value of promoting the sanctity of human life.
● I also ask Pres. Biden to focus on protecting human life by calling for a humanitarian ceasefire now, to allow for more corridors of humanitarian aid to reach the people in Gaza in urgent need
of food, water, shelter, medical care and electricity.
● Finally, I pray for the president’s safety, good health, and strength of spirit to work for peace.