Home Health Aides – full-time, second-shift and per diem
The Sisters of St. Joseph of NWPA is hiring. We are currently looking for a full-time, second-shift home health aide as well as per diem aides. Home Health Aides assist the professional nurse in providing nursing care, comfort and assistance to the sisters, including assistance with personal care. This includes the following primary responsibilities and skills:
- Assist with activities of daily living (ADLs) as appropriate to their specific needs
- Answer call lights promptly, providing or obtaining necessary care
- Accurately monitor and record vital signs, weights and changes in daily functioning or routine
- Assist with making beds, keeping rooms supplied with clean linen and disposing of soiled linen and personal laundry
- Clean shared public areas as well as various medical equipment and restocking supplies
- Organize the care and routine of the sisters to enable them to attend mass, scheduled activities, therapies, physician appointments and meals in a timely manner
- Additional duties as required
Certification preferred, but not required.
Second shift, 2:30pm – 10:30pm, 40 hours per week with rotating weekends and holidays.